- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 15:50
- By: Shalkie, Outlook Tibet
Carmen Aristegui , the Mexican journalist became the most admired women in Mexico at 10.8%, followed by Michelle Obama at 7.9%, Malala Yousafzai at 5.1%, Angelina Jolie at 4.8% and Hillary Clinton at 4.6%.
Actors, singers, politicians and soccer players were among the majority on both men’s and women’s lists of the most admired.
On the international list, Chinese president Xi Jinping made it third on the list preceding by Bill Gates on the first and Barack Obama on the second.
YouGov conducts its poll by first asking for nominations from panelists in 30 countries, each of whom is asked to name the person he or she most admires. From those names a list is compiled of the 20 men and women who received the most nominations, with an additional 10 popular people added to the lists for individual countries.
- Demise of Mr Marco Panella, Long-time Tibet Supporter condolense offered by Sikyong - 24/05/2016 12:48
- Two French Municipalities participate in Tibet “Adoption” campaign - 24/05/2016 10:20
- German legislation rights chief denied visa by China for pro-Tibet remarks - 13/05/2016 18:35
- Tibetan leaders congratulate Taiwan's Pres-Elect - 25/01/2016 11:02
- Tibet had its own admin system prior to China’s occupation: Tibetan PM - 25/01/2016 10:48