- Saturday, 29 October 2016 12:55
- By: Tibet Net
Sikyong Dr Lobsang apprised His Holiness with regard to the efforts being made to address the issues concerning public health and welfare, as noted by His Holiness the Dalai Lama during the centenary celebrations of Mentseekhang on 23 March 2016.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama expressed appreciation as Sikyong apprised him of the assessment report compiled by the two committees, which were specially appointed to address the problems of declining health situation and to address grievances of poorer section of the Tibetan community.
During the brief audience, His Holiness stressed the importance of preserving Tibetan language and the teachings of Buddha. His Holiness advised that the ancient tradition of Nalanda which can potentially benefit the entire humanity can best be interpreted by the Tibetan language.
His Holiness also spoke about strengthening Tibetan schools’ education system by introducing the knowledge of Tibetan Buddhism and its methodologies of learning to young children through a comprehensive curriculum.
- The Kashag on His Holiness the Dalai Lama's 81st birthday, a big day for Tibet - 07/07/2016 13:01
- Tibetans living in Shimla hold ptotest aginst China - 25/05/2016 20:19
- Tibetans in Dharamshala felicitate Dolma Gyari, Kalon for Home Dept - 25/05/2016 20:13
- Eye Camps organised at Tibetan Settlements of Herbetpur and Ravangla - 24/05/2016 13:28
- Class XII students of Tibetan schools showing promising results over 70% - 24/05/2016 11:19