- Tuesday, 24 May 2016 13:28
- By: Harish K. Raman, Outlook Tibet
Ophthalmologists screened a total of 323 patients. All patients underwent usual procedure of eye examination such as visual acuity examination and refraction by Ophthalmologist.
Spectacles were distributed at subsidized rate to 90 patients with refractory errors as per ophthalmologist prescription.
Fourteen patients underwent cataract and Pterygium surgery whereas, one patient underwent Glaucoma treatment. Eye drops was distributed to 56 patients as per the ophthalmologists prescription.
Department of Health said it would like to thank The Eye Surgery Fund and The Tibet Fund for their generous financial support, which made possible the Eye camp in the Tibetan settlements.
It has benefited a total of 323 financially challenged and aged patients who could undergo a proper eye checkup, probably which they have not done for years.
- Class XII students of Tibetan schools showing promising results over 70% - 24/05/2016 11:19
- Dalai Lama to grace Sikyong’s swearing in ceremony - 13/05/2016 18:06
- Tibet issue should figure in India-China border talks: Dr Sangay - 24/10/2014 08:01
- Sino-Tibetan reconciliation an 'Urgent, Historic' Task: Senior official - 29/08/2014 14:58
- Sikyong expresses his admin's firm commitment to and gender equality - 18/08/2014 21:06